Flexible New AT&T Syn248 Phone System Gives Small/Medium-Sized Businesses a Jump Start for Growth
Beaverton, Ore – Advanced American Telephones (AAT), which manufactures AT&T-branded telephones under a license agreement with AT&T Intellectual Property, today announced availability of the Syn248™ Deskset and Gateway business phone system, specifically designed for small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The Syn248 solution boasts robust features such as easy do-it-yourself installation and setup, the ability to integrate into an existing network and convenient management through a web-based user interface.
The Syn248 is unmatched in price for performance, enabling startups, small and medium businesses to do more for less. For example, a company with 24 employees can leverage all the comprehensive features and support of the Syn248 including 24 Desksets (MSRP for the SB35020 is US$179) and two Gateways (MSRP for the SB35010 is US$219) for less than US$4,750 MSRP (List Price). With only two components, the system is easy to set up, eliminates the need for extra cabling with its dual-port Ethernet connection and requires no additional hardware or add-on components to expand the system or configure features. Perfect for companies looking to replace small legacy PBXs and Key Systems, the Syn248 can support 24 users straight out of the box with all of the functionality needed to maximize productivity.
The Syn248 is scalable to grow with the business by easily adding a second Gateway for up to eight analog lines total. The system is easy to manage with intuitive web-based administration capabilities and sophisticated call routing, using up to four built-in auto attendants to customize recordings for each department or division of the company. Simplifying call management, the auto attendant enables dial-by-name in-bound call routing, as well as the option to reach an operator as needed. Additional features include:
- Built-in voicemail with 30 minutes of recording time on each Deskset
- The ability to store up to 100 contacts on the system phonebook and 50 contacts per station for efficient calling
- Do-not-disturb functionality to avoid meeting interruptions
- Flexibility to customize auto attendant to deliver on-hold messages or to manage calls by time of day (e.g., day or night).
"We are committed to filling a void in the market by offering a simple and innovative business phone solution that will help startups and small businesses get up and running quickly," said Graham Williams, Vice President of the SMB group at Advanced American Telephones. "With this addition, we now provide a full suite of communication products for the SMB market to fit virtually any SMB segment – from comprehensive phone systems for larger SMBs to the Syn248 for smaller offices that need a scalable product they can take out of the box and start using in minutes."
The Syn248 system enables simplified communications and avoids complicated programming. Sold primarily through online retailers (e-tailers), it has no licensing fees, no add-on activations and no hidden costs. In addition, the Syn248 is backed by free customer service and a limited two-year warranty, which features advanced replacement on phones to reduce interruptions of business operations.
For more information on the new Syn248 telephone system and the complete line of AT&T SMB telephony products, please visit http://smbtelephones.att.com/syn248.
Syn248 Product Specifications
- Support for 24 users out-of-the-box
- Up to 8 analog lines (4 per SB35010 Gateway)
- Multi-line appearances
- Large backlit displays
- Easy web-based administration
- User customizable buttons on phones; pre-configured with commonly used and convenient features
- Built-in voicemail, with 30 minutes recording time
- 50/100 station/system phonebook
- Built-in auto attendant with custom recording of on-hold message
- Dial-by-name (first or last) functionality and operator selectable day and night modes
- Limited 2-year warranty
- Available at: select online retailers/e-tailers (for more information visit http://smbtelephones.att.com/syn248)
- List Price: SB35010 – Analog Gateway (up to 2 with 4 lines each) is US$219 MSRP and SB35020 – Deskset (up to 24) is US$179 MSRP
About Advanced American Telephones
Advanced American Telephones (AAT) designs, manufactures and distributes AT&T-branded telephone products in the United States and Canada under a brand license agreement with AT&T Intellectual Property II, L.P. AAT is owned by VTech Holdings Ltd. VTech is a widely recognized leader in corded and cordless telephones.
Syn248™ is a trademark of Advanced American Telephones.
AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T-related marks shown herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies and are used herein by permission. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. This press release is not issued by AT&T and AT&T and its affiliates assume no responsibility for the preparation, content or use of this announcement.