New Additions to The AT&T Syn248 Phone System Give Greater Flexibility to the Small Business
Beaverton, Ore – Small-and medium-sized businesses (SMB) now have two versatile and affordable AT&T Syn248® phone models to choose between, thanks to enhancements announced today by Advanced American Telephones (AAT), which manufactures AT&T-branded telephones under a license agreement with AT&T Intellectual Property. Upgrades include more features for SMBs, including built-in DECT 6.0 technology, music on hold capabilities and paging compatibility support. These additions build on the simple do-it-yourself installation and intuitive web-based administration that already make the Syn248 phone system a popular choice for business owners.
"In response to customers' feedback, we've expanded our basic Syn248 portfolio by enhancing our basic deskset with new features and providing a second higher-end option to deliver the functionality and user experiences small businesses need," said Graham Williams, vice president of the SMB group at Advanced American Telephones. "Not only is the system easy to set up and use, but it offers the professional look and tools that inspire more confidence from customers."
The Syn248 system components include the SB35010 Analog Gateway (MSRP US$219), a basic deskset and feature deskset. Together, the pieces integrate with the existing SMB local area network (LAN) so there's no additional hardware or extra cabling involved. Combining two gateways and 24 desksets expands the system to its fullest, bringing scalability and comprehensive office communications right out of the box.
The SB35025 Basic Deskset (MSRP US$199) is the standard model that now includes a music on hold source, an external paging source and built-in DECT 6.0 technology to pair a cordless accessory headset for hands-free convenience up to 500 feet away. DECT 6.0 technology delivers the best sound quality and range when using a wireless headset, while also ensuring other networks and devices don't interfere or permit eavesdropping. The new paging functionality allows the system to more effectively serve larger environments such as warehouses and fitness centers by joining with an external overhead paging system. With music on hold support businesses can connect an external music source such as an MP3 player to improve the customer's on hold experience.
The SB35031 Feature Deskset (MSRP US$249) adds more easy-to-use navigation and on-screen call handling and context-sensitive help on a 5-inch LCD display that almost doubles the size of the basic model. It's perfect for the busy executive who values a higher-end look and straightforward call experience. It also includes built-in DECT 6.0 technology for headset pairing; allowing users to move throughout the office with confidence. The feature deskset can handle up to 5 calls at the same time and boasts six quick dial keys for one-button access to common calling features.
The Syn248 system remains an industry-leader; providing comprehensive features at the lowest cost for small businesses. The independent installation process means no ongoing support contracts or fees. With built-in features like an auto attendant with day and night schedules and voicemail with 30 minutes of recording time per deskset; small business owners avoid the hassles of purchasing add-on components, licenses and software upgrades. Plus the phones support Power over Ethernet (PoE) and have dual Ethernet ports so offices do not need to rewire LAN or power outlets to accommodate the system. Other helpful features include:
- Sophisticated call routing, including the ability to set up ring groups; ensuring no call goes unanswered and no support or sales opportunities are missed.
- Custom recording of on-hold messages and greetings for each department or time of day (e.g., before, during, after business hours).
- The ability to store up to 100 contacts on the system phonebook and 50 contacts per station for efficient calling.
Syn248 is also backed by free customer service, free software upgrades and a limited two-year warranty, including advanced replacements to reduce interruptions of business operations.
For more information on the new Syn248 telephone system and the complete line of AT&T SMB telephony products, please visit http://smbtelephones.att.com/syn248.
Syn248 Product Specifications
- Support for 24 users out-of-the-box
- Up to eight analog lines (four per SB35010 Analog Gateway)
- Built-in DECT 6.0 technology with up to 500 feet of range*
- Multi-line appearances
- Large backlit displays
- Easy web-based administration
- Power over Ethernet, with dual Ethernet ports on phone
- Built-in voicemail, with 30 minutes recording time
- Built-in auto attendant with custom recording of on-hold messages
- Dial-by-name (first or last) functionality and operator selectable day and night modes
- Three-party call conferencing
- Do-not-disturb functionality to avoid meeting interruptions
- Deskset paging with paging zones
- Limited two-year warranty
- SB35025 Deskset: Music on Hold (MoH) support using an external source, paging output for external paging equipment
- SB35031 Feature Deskset: extra-large 5" LCD screen, context-sensitive soft-key call handling, six quick-dial keys for one-touch calling.
- Available at: select online retailers (for more information visit http://smbtelephones.att.com/syn248)
- List Price: SB35010 Analog Gateway is US$219 MSRP, SB35025 Deskset is US$199 MSRP and SB35031 Feature Deskset is US$249 MSRP
*Open range test was performed by Wyle Laboratories, an independent commercial test facility. "Up to 500 feet of range" refers to the maximum open field range. Actual range may vary depending on intervening obstacles.
About Advanced American Telephones
Advanced American Telephones (AAT) designs, manufactures and distributes AT&T-branded telephone products in the United States and Canada under a brand license agreement with AT&T Intellectual Property II, L.P. AAT is owned by VTech Holdings Ltd. VTech is a widely recognized leader in corded and cordless telephones.
Syn248® is a registered trademark of Advanced American Telephones.
AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other AT&T-related marks shown herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies and are used herein by permission. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners. This press release is not issued by AT&T and AT&T and its affiliates assume no responsibility for the preparation, content or use of this announcement.