VTech Announces Affordable New InnoTab 3 Learning App Tablet, Offering a World of Knowledge at Children’s Fingertips
Chicago – VTech (www.vtechkids.com), a world leader in age-appropriate and developmental stage-based electronic learning products for children, today announced the introduction of its latest, lower-priced Learning App Tablet for kids, the InnoTab 3®. On the heels of the popular InnoTab 2S®, one of the first children's learning tablets with Wi-Fi, InnoTab 3 delivers a powerful punch, in a compact size and at an affordable price, making it a great first learning tablet for kids. InnoTab 3 introduces children to a world of age-appropriate educational content on VTech's comprehensive app store, the Learning Lodge™, where they can explore hundreds of games, e-books, videos, music and more, across the widest variety of curriculums. Beginning today, the new budget-friendly tablet is available for pre-order on www.vtechkids.com, Amazon.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com and Walmart.com.
"We are excited to continue to grow our successful InnoTab range to now include the InnoTab 3 Learning App Tablet," said William To, President, VTech Electronics North America. "This new learning tablet is packed with loads of onboard innovative technology and a significantly expanded library of fun, educational content that parents and kids have come to expect from VTech. And, at US$69.99, it's an unbelievably great entry point for a children's learning tablet."
The InnoTab 3 combines educational games, creative activities and reading skills in a child-friendly, multi-function, touch screen tablet to make learning fun. Through the Learning Lodge, VTech's download library, the InnoTab 3 offers a variety of educational, entertaining game play that teaches reading, math, social studies, handwriting, science, problem solving, geography and more. By the end of the year, the Learning Lodge will expand from its current library of 350 titles to more than 600 educational games, e-books, music and videos developed specifically for each child's unique stage of development, as well as their age and interests. The wide variety of educational content and curriculum is tailor-made for each age group and is suitable for toddlers through grade-schoolers, giving every child an opportunity to expand their learning potential while keeping them entertained.
Featured throughout the downloads and software cartridges are popular characters such as Mike the Knight™, Angelina Ballerina®, Team Umizoomi™, Dora the Explorer™, Thomas & Friends®, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®, Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Sesame Street and more. New titles for 2013 on the Learning Lodge include: Monsters University®, Turbo®, Planes®, Doc McStuffins®, Sofia the First® and more. Parents can track their child's progress through the Learning Lodge™ Progress Log, offer encouragement and share in their pride when kids reach new learning milestones. The InnoTab 3 lets parents rest assured that their children are embarking on a fun, educational learning experience.
"Nearly 40% of parents have said they are likely to use their tablet or smartphone to entertain their kids," said Dr. Helen Boehm, VTech Toy Development Consultant. "The better option is a child-friendly tablet created just for them. VTech gives kids the tools to maximize their screen time with age-appropriate tablets that combine fun, learning and technology. The breadth of rich, educational content available to download via the Learning Lodge for multiple developmental stages makes InnoTab 3 the perfect choice to promote early learning."
InnoTab 3 Key Product Features:
- Compact and lightweight design with 4.3" touch screen, new directional pad and tilt sensor
- 2.0 megapixel, 180° rotating camera with more than 55 photo features and special effects
- Four different media players: e-book reader, MP3 music player, photo viewer and video player
- 2GB onboard memory
- Expandable memory to 32GB with micro SD card slot
- 15 exciting onboard apps, plus one free download, redeemable on the Learning Lodge, such as:
- One included e-book, "What's that Noise?"
- WonderCam, which uses the camera to add special effects, funny faces and photo frames to pictures
- Magical beanstalk growing game lets kids harvest and collect beans from their beanstalk
- Color & Pop, a patented coloring book activity that makes coloring pages come to life
- "H2O Go!" a directional pad game that teaches science concepts
- Voice greetings let kids record a message to be greeted with every time they turn on their InnoTab
- Eight free downloadable desktop themes personalize their toy, or kids can use personal photos as the wallpaper
- Organizer suite offers notes app, friends list, calendar, digital/analog clock and calculator
- Built-in microphone and headphone jack add versatility
- Pop-up onscreen keyboard and stylus with storage slot
InnoTab 3 is scheduled to hit store shelves soon, but eager parents don't need to wait. Beginning today, InnoTab 3 is available for pre-order on www.vtechkids.com, Amazon.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com and Walmart.com. It is recommended for ages 3-9 years and has an MSRP of US$69.99.
 Northwestern University School of Communication Study, Parenting in the Age of Digital Technology, June 2013.
VTech is a world leader in age-appropriate and developmental stage-based electronic learning products for children. Since 1980, VTech has been developing high-quality, innovative educational products that enrich children's development, from birth to preteen, through fun and smart play.
VTech Electronics North America, LLC is based in Arlington Heights, Ill. VTech Electronics Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with distribution throughout North America, Europe and Asia.