Information collected on this Website will be used according to the following guidelines:
- VTech will track the total number of visitors to our Website in the aggregate form which allow VTech to learn more about our customers and offer them products, services, and a website that better meet their needs. Personally identifiable information is not extracted during this aggregate data collection.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
- This Website may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- VTech’s websites may contain “links” to other non-VTech websites and it is possible that non-VTech websites also link to VTech websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies practiced by non-VTech websites.
- VTech collects individually identifiable information such as your name, gender, date of birth and personal preferences, and other information that can be associated with you such as technical data (including IP address) and usage information, when you submit a feedback survey, enter a sweepstakes, or place an order. This information is collected to provide information and services to Website users, and to allow VTech to (i) analyze and monitor consumer and customer activity; (ii) promote and support VTech products; and (iii) develop a knowledge base regarding its Website users and customers. Do not submit information that you do not want VTech to access.
- You can provide personal information to VTech for corporate news to you. For example, we may from time to time send you an email message informing you of corporate news that you may be interested in hearing about.
- VTech may be required to disclose personal information without prior notice in response to law enforcement activity or other governmental request, to enforce its contract or property rights, due to a sale or merger of one or more of our assets, or when otherwise required by law or when necessary to protect ourselves. Information we collect may also be transferred in connection with any sale or merger of the company or any division or business line of the company to which the information relates.
- To improve the products and services offered, VTech may share data collected on VTech Website with business partners such as designers and distributors and may furnish data to parties that provide support services for VTech Website.
- The security of your personal information is important to us and VTech is committed to handling your customer information carefully. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- In the event that VTech sells substantially all of its assets, or one of its units is acquired, personally identifiable information of visitors to the Website and aggregate information will likely be one of the transferred assets.